It just so happened that the week before my due date was already my vacation week, so now I find myself at home with nothing to do! This is a very odd feeling because I am used to being quite busy. I know that the free time won't last and that I should enjoy these last days of quiet, but instead I am quite anxious for the baby's arrival, and I would be happy if she were born today! To pass the time, I was trying to think of things I like to do that require little energy and preferably do not involve leaving the house--I have developed a fear of being off somewhere and going into labor, which is probably stupid, but I want to stay close to home, just in case! I plan to try to do some reading. We also are getting the cable turned back on, which is a dangerous turn of events and probably means I won't read at all...and I thought I'd do some baking! Jeff has been cooking meals to freeze, and I feel like I should contribute something to our freezer stash. With people visiting us post baby, I thought it might be nice to have some sweets on hand for tea time! I picked out five recipes I would like to try that are all freezable, but I would be thrilled to hear about a favorite cookie or bar of yours that I could try out!
Here's the plan for the week:
1. Start with the one that is a must have (in case we have an early appearance: Soft M & M Chocolate Chip Cookies
2. Bars are always so nice because they are much faster than cookies: Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookie Bars
3. Ultimate Magic Cookies Bars sound delightfully decadent.
4. Thick and Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies would be good to have in case we have a visitor who is not in the mood for chocolate (gasp).
5. My aunt made these Gingersnaps at Christmas, and they were soooooo good. Thought I'd give them a go myself.
I also plan to throw a banana bread in there somewhere. If you have any recipes you'd be willing to share, I'd love to hear them, and I'll keep you posted on the bake-a-thon!