It's the right time of year to think about thankfulness, right? I try to do that every Friday, but I thought this Friday I'd list a few things to remind myself to carry an attitude of gratitude into the Thanksgiving holiday.
1. I am grateful for the family I was born into and the family I've acquired along the way. These people are one of the most beautiful blessing in my life, and I am lucky that I've got them. (Shout out to my sis who turned 21 yesterday! Woo hoo!)
2. I am grateful I found and married an amazing partner. Not only is he is a generally stellar guy, but he has taken to waking up early and making me lunch. Amazing? I think so.
3. I am grateful for the opportunity to be a mother. Even when it has been hard, I try not to lose sight of the fact that I am so very blessed to be able to carry a child of my own.
4. I am grateful for the opportunity to have lived in an amazing city. Despite the misery I have depicted regarding my "far away from home status," I will always be happy I had the chance to see what life on the West Coast is like.
5. I am grateful that I do work that I find meaningful and fulfilling. I realize that for many people, this is not a reality.
6. I am grateful for quiet weekends with nothing much to do.
7. I am grateful I've had the opportunity to travel and see the world.
8. I am grateful for my education.
9. I am grateful for each and every one of you who logs in each day to read what I have to say.
10. I am grateful for Fridays. Always.
I feel like this list only scratches the surface of the blessings I've experienced in my life. Perhaps we will need a Part II in honor of Thanksgiving next week! Thinking about your blessings does put everything in perspective. So, with a fresh perspective and a lot of gratitude, I look forward to this weekend. Hope you have a great one.