Let's face it, the possibility of me ever going to fashion week is about as good as me getting a lobotomy by choice. But, I decided to have a think about why this is so. Is it my inferior sense of fashion? My lack of ability to make small talk? My preference for flats? I decided to look at the evidence-real Fashion Week attendees-to see what it is that I'm lacking:
1. I do not own these Valentino shoes, which are an obvious prerequisite for both being a famous blogger and attending Fashion Week.
2. I typically wear my bras under my shirts.
3. I eat. Food. Regularly. As in every day.
4. I left my Birkenstocks and love for yin-yangs in the 90s (where I think they belong).
5. I wear pants in public.
6. The last time I wore nursing shoes was at my high school graduation. (Suffice it to say, thank goodness style evolves...)
7. I fail to understand the allure of dressing like a strawberry marshmallow (even a very pretty one).
8. I am decidedly anti "Mom" jeans.
10. And last, but certainly not least, I would never wear this:
So, while all the cool girls are going to the shows and living it up New York style, I'll be judging them mercilessly from the sidelines where I am pretty sure I will have to take up permanent residence. Get excited for more Fashion Week recaps and a new vanity tomorrow!