I was talking to my sister yesterday when she mentioned that she thought she'd like a coat for her birthday in November. I got excited as I have been pinning good coats when I see them, and I think a nice looking coat can really make an outfit. She lives in DC, so she doesn't need something for epically cold temperatures, which gives her even more options. I put together some of the coats I'm admiring this fall. See anything you like?
1. ASOS Multistich Ovoid Coat: I think I love this one because it reminds me of last season's cocoon coat from J. Crew. I dig the off center zipper.
2. ZARA Short Woollen Overcoat: Ever since seeing Erin Gates' post on leopard and pink, I am obsessed with the idea of getting a pink coat (and wearing it with leopard shoes).
3. EMERSON FRY Major Parka: I love everything Emerson Fry puts out, but she has particularly lovely coats. This is a nice middle ground between structured and casual.
4. J.CREW Long Field Jacket: This reminds me of a longer take on a classic Barbour and might just fit the bill for the cool but not cold DC days.
5. CLUB MONACO Samone Coat: Another variation on a pink theme, this coat looks so prim and ladylike. I would wear it to tea.
6. ZARA Woollen Wraparound Coat: The huge collar on this has me sold.
7. NEED SUPPLY CO. Teddy Coat: I am not sure that this is my sister's style, but it would fit me to a tee. I am feeling the grey this fall, and I love this light shade and boxy, almost masculine, cut.
8. ANN TAYLOR Floral Leopard Jacquard Topper: This wouldn't be good for an everyday coat, but it would certainly be pretty for a night out on the town.
9. JOIE Jaina Jacket: This one, on the other hand, would be the coat you reach for every morning. And a little fur never hurt...
10. MARLENE BIRGER Cheetah Coat: Because who doesn't need a cheetah coat?
While I know that my sis and I share a similar dream (this is her dream coat), there are lots of great options out there that are a little more attainable. Can't wait to see what she opens on her birthday!