1. Call Your Girlfriend by Robyn: This song has become a full blown obsession. Just put it on repeat. I plan to learn the dance and make my own music video. Stay tuned. I just need to find a fuzzy cropped sweater, and it's all systems go.
2. Mean by Taylor Swift: You can't beat signing along to county. Plus, I think this song makes my voice sound really good. I might be the next Taylor Swift.
3. As I Lay Me Down by Sophie B. Hawkins: Anyone else remember this fab sing-along song from the 90s? I used to have a complete choreographed dance for this one. Had to throw it in.
4. Breakin' Up by Rilo Kiley: Don't have to be heartbroken to love this tune.
5. Waka Waka by Shakira: The song of the World Cup in South Africa. I picked up this one at Zumba and have been loving it ever since.
6. And We Danced by Macklemore: Okay, maybe you don't want to sing-a-long to this one. I had it on a playlist and said to my husband, "Oh, have you heard that song "And We Danced"? It is so good." He was like, "Have you ever listened to the lyrics?" The answer was no.
7. The Flag by Bare Naked Ladies: This one is a little weird, but when I was in high school my siblings and I took a road trip alone (without my parents) to Cape Cod, and we were seriously insanely into this song and we all learned all the lyrics. I think that makes us completely bizarre, but whenever we put it on it is good times.
8. Diamonds by Rhianna: Another top hit form Zumba
9. Foundations by Kate Nash: This song brings me back to the summer I got married. Good times.
10. Wind down the night with Same Love by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis: Equality is a good way to end any night, and no one champions equality quite like Macklemore. (I mean I can think of a few other people...but Macklemore is still pretty great.)
If you sing to all these songs with the windows down on a summer night, your happiness is guaranteed. Enjoy!
P.S. If you want one more bonus track try Young and Beautiful by Lana Del Ray. Depressing, but I like my music like that. Plus I like the line "Oh that face makes me wanna party." Killer. I wish I could write like that. A girl can dream.